We’ve found that often, the current time gets in the way of sending a message. You may receive an email, have a response ready, but don’t want to seem too eager by replying instantly. In other event, you’ve been working late, and don’t want your email’s timestamp to read 4:05 AM when your recipient opens it the next day. Whatever the reason maybe, there is no need to hesitate when you can quickly schedule your message for the following morning. Oh, and you’ll say goodbye to forgetting to send a draft that you prepared the night before. Here are the steps is scheduling email in outlook client for office 365.
Schedule email delivery in Outlook for Office 365
While composing a message, select the More options arrow from the Tags group in the Ribbon.
Under Delivery options, select the Do not deliver before check box, and then click the delivery date and time that you want.
When you’re done composing your email, click Send
After you click Send, the message remains in the Outbox folder until the delivery time.
If you decide later that you want to send the message immediately, do the following:
1) Switch to the Outbox
2) Open the delayed message.
3) Select the More options arrow from the Tags group in the Ribbon.
4) Under Delivery options, clear the Do not deliver before check box.
5) Click Close.
6) Click Send.
Delay the delivery of all messages
You can delay the delivery of all messages by up to two hours by creating a rule.
- Click File.
- Click Manage Rules & Alerts.
- Click New Rule.
- In the Step 1: Select a templatebox, under Start from a Blank Rule, click Apply rule on messages I send, and then click Next.
- In the Step 1: Select condition(s)list, select the check boxes for any options that you want, and then click Next.
If you do not select any check boxes, a confirmation dialog box appears. If you click Yes, the rule that you are creating is applied to all messages that you send.
6. In the Step 1: Select action(s)list, select the defer delivery by a number of minutes check box.
7. In the Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value)box, click the underlined phrase a number of and enter the number of minutes for which you want the messages to be held before it is sent.
Delivery can be delayed up to 120 minutes.
8. Click OK, and then click Next.
9. Select the check boxes for any exceptions that you want.
10. Click Next.
11. In the Step 1: Specify a name for this rulebox, type a name for the rule.
12. Select the Turn on this rule check box.
13. Click Finish.
After you click Send, each message remains in the Outbox folder for the time that you specified.